Master Gardener Volunteer Projects:
The Rockbridge Area Master Gardener Volunteers are involved in a variety of projects with a common theme of horticultural education for the residents of the Rockbridge area, visitors to our community and school children.
Information to the Community:
Throughout the year Master Gardener Volunteers provide a wealth of horticultural information to the community:
● Plant Clinics
● Help Desk
● Community Outreach
Master Gardener Volunteers maintain a number of horticulture demonstration gardens:
● Boxerwood Woodland Garden
● Buena Vista Visitor Center
● Campbell & Sloan House Gardens
● Fairfield Community Project Garden
● Maury River Senior Center
● Paxton House Garden at Glen Maury Park
● Jackson House Museum Garden
Annually the Master Gardener Volunteers hold a major sale of plants, including natives, perennials, vegetables ans annuals. Proceeds from the Plant Sale funds our Master Gardener Volunteer projects.
Master Gardener Volunteers are also involved with providing horticultural education to area school children:
● Natural Bridge Elementary School
● Waddell Elementary School
Master Gardener Volunteers also take care of a number of administrative duties, such as, publicity, newsletter editing, financial management, project management, website and Facebook maintenance, photography and archives. Many of these duties can be performed at home.